Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Since I mentioned it ...

Here are some photos of the Motrak Models structure I built for the review in O Scale Trains. It will be appearing in the June issue, for those who are interested.

First off, we start with the four basic walls. I sprayed these with cheap spray paint from Wal-Mart. It's great stuff and something like $0.97 per can, or maybe $1.98, either way, its cheap and works great. These walls were assembled with canopy glue and held together while I was watching TV, in a recliner (but I wasn't reclined as I recall.


Next came the rafters, a nice feature of this original run kit, later runs will have the rafter tails.



Next the roof. I laid out 3M transfer tape on the roof to hold down the construction paper that I used for the rolled roofing. Of course, I used a little canopy glue under the edges where there is no tape to ensure that the roofing stayed down everywhere.



This is the completed structure and is one of the photos that will be appearing in the article. It was easy to build and it was a nice change of pace from what I am normally doing ... which is nothing. What with going to train shows, working and being sick since the beginning of December. Ugh ....






No comments:

Post a Comment