Thursday, September 29, 2011

Converting a Corn Syrup Car to P48 ...

Well, this wasn't much a "project" really, but I thought you might be interested in the photos nonetheless. I swapped the trucks off of an Atlas O Corn Syrup tank car with the other set of P48 Roller Bearing trucks from Protocraft. Here are a couple photos of the differences between the Atlas Trucks that I have talked about and the Protocraft, correct size trucks. You all might find it interesting ... The Protocraft truck is on the right ...


Now here is what I thought was a clever contraption, using the trucks I had just taken off of the car to use as a cradle.


And here is the homemade coupler height gauge I made using the Protocraft coupler and some code 125 rails that I laid on a pine 1x4.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Looks pretty simple. Are those the 70 ton RB trucks?

    ReplyDelete